If you are facing divorce or separation, you have many questions.
Get answers by attending a Divorce Options™ Workshop. Divorce Options is a public education workshop offered by the OACP at various locations throughout the State of Oregon
(in cooperation with CPCal).
How a Divorce Options™ Workshop Can Help You
Divorce Options™ will help you understand and manage the legal, financial and emotional aspects of this challenging life transition.
Divorce Options™ will help you explore your options and make informed decisions about which process will most likely lead to your desired outcomes.
Divorce Options™ will help you take control of your divorce and move forward with your life, with guidance from trained professionals in law, finance and counseling.
Who Should Attend Divorce Options™?
Workshops are open to all individuals and couples in Oregon who are contemplating separation or divorce.
- Whether married, domestic partners or cohabiting;
- Whether same or opposite gender;
- With or without children.
Divorce Options™ provides you with up-to-date, unbiased information about:
- Spousal support, alimony and child support;
- Separate and community property;
- Tax consequences of divorce;
- Legal and physical custody;
- Impact of separation and divorce on children.
Find the answers to your important questions:
- What happens in court?
- How much time do divorces take?
- How much do divorces cost?
- How do you get started?
- What resources are available to you?
Learn the advantages and disadvantages of:
- Self-representation (Pro se, or “do-it-yourself”);
- Collaborative Practice;
Get advice from professionals on how to:
- Talk to your children about divorce;
- Protect the things that are important to you;
- Preserve family relationships;
- Maintain your emotional health and lessen stress;
- Work together versus being at odds;
- Retain control of the divorce process.
Divorce Options™ workshops are presented by a team of collaborative practitioners trained in this unique process: a collaborative divorce lawyer, a financial specialist and a divorce/communication coach. Each team member has experience guiding other people like you successfully through a divorce without time-consuming and costly litigation.
The cost for the workshop varies.
You may attend individually or as a couple. While preregistration is not always required, we prefer you RSVP: Click the link below for your preferred date.
Divorce Options™ workshops are presented by the Oregon Association of Collaborative Professionals throughout the state.
Upcoming Divorce Options™ Workshops:
Divorce Options™ Workshop – 07/09/19 – 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm Divorce Options™ Workshop – 08/13/19 – 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Divorce Options™ Workshop – 09/10/19 – 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Divorce Options™ Workshop – 10/08/19 – 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Divorce Options™ Workshop – 11/12/19 – 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Divorce Options™ Workshop – 12/10/19 – 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm